Thursday, November 22, 2007

Daddy's Birthday -> Thanksgiving

It was my Dad's birthday last weekend. He's an old man. I figured it out, and he is exactly 252 times older than I am. Now that's old!

To help him celebrate, Jon and Becky drove down from upstate New York with their baby daughter Maya. It was the first time I ever met a girl! She was so cute, and I was totally nervous. But I played it cool to show like, you know, I didn't care. So that's why I was yawning and sleeping all the time. You gotta play it cool.

My parents really enjoyed meeting Maya too. In fact, check out Maya's blog for more pictures!

We all went to the park together, and I totally blew my chance to make a move on Maya. I fell asleep--not in a "trying to act cool" way, just a "I'm really zonked out" kind of way. I hope she gives me another chance. She really is beautiful--just look at those eyes!

Later, my grandparents came over to help eat the cake that uncle Kyle baked. Here's me with Nona:

And here's me on my Papa's shoulder:

And then here's all of us at the end of the night:

It was one of the most exhausting days of my life. I don't think I've ever been held by so many people in one day! I guess it's practice for what my parents call Thanksgiving, whatever that is.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Hi Owen! Sup? I had a really good time with you last weekend, even though you were sleeping most of the time. Next time maybe I can sleep and you can scream instead?

Love,
Maya