Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Owen Digs Phish

I swear, I wasn't going to be one of those parents who forces his kid to like the same kind of music he does. I make an effort to expose Owen to on all sorts of different music--Mozart, Marley, Medeski, whatever. But I swear the kid loves Phish. I actually don't listen to Phish very often, but Jordan had Farmhouse playing when we visited him in his new apartment, and Owen really seemed to dig it. So now it's in heavy rotation.
 

Okay, we don't usually watch DVDs--and certainly not this close to the TV--but these pictures were too funny for me not to post. (Please don't report me.)
 

Owen has really begun to dance lately. He dances to everything. He'll pull himself up on the kitchen table, press the button on a toy that plays a song, stand up on the table, and then bounce around on the tabletop. It's incredibly entertaining. I happened to be videotaping him when Phish's "Twist" came on the stereo. He just kind of taps his foot and bobs his head while sitting on the stairs, but it's pretty funny. It reminds me a little of Steve Martin in The Jerk, finally learning rhythm to some honky music...

2 comments: